Monday, November 5, 2012

Kim Jackson: Mission to Romania



      Kim Jackson is a close friend of our family.  She has a great attitude and is full of joy and creativity.  She is also a role model in my life because she lives her life to glorify God and serve others.  Right now her focus is helping the homeless elderly in Romania.  

      Going to Romania requires a lot of travel--two long plane rides and a 4-hour drive.  When Miss Kim goes there, she gives out food to the elderly, prays for them, and tells everyone about Jesus.  When she's not overseas, she spends her time speaking in churches and other places to raise money and awareness of the needs of these people.   
       Miss Kim grew up going to church with her family but mostly her motivation was avoiding hell.  Later, she developed a relationship with Jesus and that changed her life.  About 25 years ago, Miss Kim started going on minor mission trips to places like Haiti, Guatemala and Venezuela.  These mission trips gave her a new perspective--one more in line with how God sees the world.  
Last July was her first time going to Romania and she started her career of caring for the elderly.  She calls it the "end of life ministries" because the old people that she helps are at the end of their earthly lives. They need people to tell them about the Lord before they pass away so that they can live eternity with him in heaven.
       I hope that you enjoyed this post!  If you would like to know more, here are some websites with more about Miss Kim:





"Seeing their lives change really changes mine." ~Kim  Jackson


 (challenge of the week) 
         
        This week, think of a way that you can bless an elderly person.  Here are some examples:
  •  go to a nursing home
  •  pray for them
  •  tell them about Jesus 
  •  SMILE :) and say, "Jesus loves you!"
  • make a donation to Elder Orphan Care 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing some of my God Story! I think this blog post makes God smile (me too :) I am asking him to bless you BIG, my amazing young friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Maddie, I thank you too for your blog! I recently became friends with Miss Kim & she is really special!! I am excited to follow your blog as I homeschool my daughter Angela and she is 11(almost 12). Maybe you guys could become pen pals? Here's my e-mail: waitn4thda@centurylink.net If you want to write to us, write to my address 1st, then I can give you Angela's e-mail or our mailing address!

    ReplyDelete