I am keeping this blog as part of my homeschool adventure. This year I will be studying missionaries and sharing my discoveries here.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Eric Liddell: God's Athlete
Eric Liddell was a great athlete and a missionary. He was born in China where his parents were missionaries. When Eric was still young, about the age of five, he and his brother went back to Scotland to go to school and became a great runner. Later in life, Eric ran in the Olympics and won a gold medal for his country. During the Olympics he refused to run because the one-hundred meter race (his best one!) was scheduled on Sunday!!!! But without much training, he ran the four-hundred meter race and won it!!! Isn't God wonderful?! Eric Liddell was a Godly man. He also set good examples for others. Eric Liddell honored God and God honored him. Eric kept his promises to God. He encouraged his opponents, he cared more about people than winning . Does this inspire you to change anything that you do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maddie - I love that you are learning about great missionaries and how their lives have changed so many. So inspiring. I'm looking forward to learning so much from your blog as you keep us all updated on what you are learning!!
ReplyDeleteVery inspiring Maddie! He was an amazing man because he gave glory to God. Have you seen the movie Chariots of Fire? It is an older movie but very good - I saw it a long time ago when I was a teenager. I went to the movie with Miss Kim. We had lots of fun! Thank you for sharing about Eric's life. I can't wait to see who you post about next!
ReplyDeleteThank you for writing about Eric Liddell! In the movie "Chariots of Fire" he said "When I run, I feel God's pleasure." When I WRITE or SPEAK I feel God's pleasure! Thank you or the reminder!
ReplyDelete