Thursday, August 5, 2010

Recycling

     Have you been recycling and thinking about the world around you?  Recycling is a way to serve your family and community.  Don't just throw everything away, find a way to recycle or reuse it!  Recycling is a way to help the environment and save money.  For instance, we turned a cereal box into a box to mail to somebody.  That is helping the environment by not throwing it away and helping our family by saving money.  We don't have to go to the post office for a box now.
     Have you given your life to Christ?  The bible says that when we give our lives to Christ we are new creations. (Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new--2 Corinthians 5:17)  Just like when we recycle, we change old things into something new.  When we recycle it doesn't just make us happy, it makes God happy too!  GO GREEN!
Old magazine pages turned into envelopes
Cereal box turned into mailer

                    

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maddie - I'm so excited that I'm the first follower of your blog. I can't wait to see what you post and learn about missionaries with you this year. I love you my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maddie!
    What a great idea to turn a cereal box into a box used for shipping! You are so smart and creative. You will bless many with your abilities, talents, and missionary adventures (yet to come),and God will bless you. I'm so proud of you!
    Love,
    Auntie Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi says: Hello Sweet Maddie!

    I'm in love with your lesson of how Jesus makes
    us new. Just like you said sometimes He needs to
    turn us inside out to make us new. May you continue to grow in wisdom and I am looking forward to reading another great lesson.

    God Bless You!
    Love and Kisses,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete